What is CrossPointe KIDS?
In our children's ministry, we aim to point kids to Christ through the study of His Word and by the way we walk out our own personal faith in Christ. We believe that every child is precious to God, and we strive diligently to care for the hearts of each one that He brings to our ministry, as well as to form gospel-centered thinking in the children we teach. Our deep desire is that each one would come to know Jesus in a personal way while participating in worship and interacting with the Word of God.
The children of CrossPointe have the opportunity to attend their classes on Sundays at the same time their parents attend service, 9:15 a.m. & 11:00 a.m. We offer the following during each service:
- Wiggle & Giggle - This room is available for families with restless infants or toddlers, and has a live feed of the service.
- Garden - Just as God carefully creates each flower in a garden, infants are lovingly cared for as they grow in our Garden.
- Savannah - Like an active animal on the Savannah, young toddlers have the opportunity to explore a variety of toys as they play and interact with their teachers.
- Jungle - There is much to learn in the Jungle as older toddlers approach their preschool years. This classroom uses the A Beka Bible curriculum to learn stories from scripture, worship through song, and engage in Bible memory.
- Mountains - Young preschoolers can scale new heights both physically and intellectually in the Mountains as they participate in a more advanced curriculum. As their ability to focus improves, they learn more from the Bible lesson, and even create simple crafts.
- Solar System - Older preschoolers zoom through the Solar System where they spend their last year before entering kindergarten. They have a longer attention span and can begin to do more complex crafts and activities that they find quite enjoyable.
- Desert - A Desert is vast, and contains much beauty in unexpected places. Kindergartners have an amazing capacity to learn at even deeper levels, and their gifts and talents show up in startling ways like a beautiful desert flower, as they learn to be the person God made them to be.
- Forest - There are many different types of plants and animals in a Forest, yet each one has its own special part to play. Our first-graders discover the excitement of using their uniqueness to add to the group, and they get to see how God has created His people to serve and worship together, each one having an important role to fulfill. These students have the opportunity to attend the first segment of the Elementary Worship in our Sanctuary, which includes worship through song, prayer, and a time of offering.
- Elementary Worship - Our Sanctuary is a place of refuge where students can learn what it means to rely on Christ as our sustainer, satisfier, and supplier of all that we need. As 2nd-5th graders arrive, they dive right in to fun games & activities. After that, all students take part in a full worship service at their level, which entails worship through song, prayer, offering, and teaching. Finally, children break out into grade-level Small Groups, where a leader checks their understanding of key concepts and points them to Christ as our only hope. Students receive encouragement in how to apply these truths to their own personal lives, as well as discipleship in how to look at situations they face in a biblical and gospel-centered manner.
Who Can Serve in CrossPointe KIDS?
No matter your gifts and talents, you can be used by God in our ministry. We have positions of all kinds from teachers, to our hospitality team, to behind-the-scenes jobs that don't involve working with children directly. God is glorified as we join together in each of our unique ways to bring the light of the gospel & the hope of Christ to the next generation.
Outside of the Classroom:
- First Impressions - greeting families, assisting with registration
- Host/Hostess - monitoring hallway, supporting teachers, assisting families
- Organizer - organizing items during the week
- Purchaser - keeping supplies stocked by purchasing items that are needed
- Supply Coordinator - communicating with teachers during the week to pull & prepare supplies
- Curriculum Coordinator - preparing curriculum bins in classrooms during the week about once per month
- Nursery - caring for infants & toddlers
- Late Toddler/Preschool/Kindergarten/1st Lead Teacher - preparing & teaching lessons for children
- Late Toddler/Preschool/Kindergarten/1st Helper - assisting Lead Teacher
- Youth Helper - student up to age 16 that assists adult volunteers in a classroom
- Elementary Lead Teacher - preparing & teaching lessons for 2nd-5th grade in a large-group setting
- Elementary Small Group Leader - participating in large-group worship, and then leading one grade-level in reinforcement & application of the lesson
- Elementary Activity Leader - preparing opening games & activities to engage students immediately upon their arrival
- Elementary Worship Leader - leading 2nd-5th grade students in worship through song
- Floater - helps where needed in a variety of positions
- Substitute - fills in when a volunteer calls out
For more information on any of these positions, or to find out how to join our team, please download our Volunteer Packet here. If you have any questions, you can email Jen Bright. Note: Every volunteer must pass a background check to serve in our ministry.